Celebrate Oregon Agriculture: Grass Seed
Elle Coon of Oak Park Farms talks about the grass seed that Oregon farm families grow!
Facts about Grass Seed
- Oregon grows over 2/3 of the world’s supply of cool season grasses
- Oregon grass seed is turf and forage varieties meaning it can end up in a family’s yard to feeding the beef and lamb you eat!
- Oregon grass seed was used in the 2014 World Cup in Brazil
- 1,500 farms make grass seed one of the top five crops grown in Oregon
- A lawn of just 50 square feet releases enough oxygen to meet the needs of a family of four.